Most businessmen and professionals feel the need for that extra pair of hands to help them stay organized and get all their work done on time. When it comes to assistants, they can choose between two types: traditional and virtual.
Traditional assistants are employees who function from your office premises. They could be either on a temporary or permanent basis or part time or full time. They might require on-the-job training, desk and office space, computer, stationery and other such facilities.
Non-traditional ones, more commonly known as virtual assistants, function from their own offices or homes. They can be hired for a short term or as-needed basis. They can also be contracted to work for you at a preset number of hours on a weekly, daily or monthly basis.
365VirtualAssistant, a premier provider of virtual assistant services, shares some of the advantages of these services:
- They can work on schedule and be there when you need them. They can also work in teams to provide support 24/7.
- Although they are available round the clock, they will only work for the hours you request. Thus, they will only charge you for the time spent.
- As they will have multiple clients, they remain updated with technologies and personally train themselves. You do not have to train them.
- They provide the equipment and can arrange for any specialized software your work might require.
- They reside globally, so you can hire the best person for the job. You need not be concerned about their geographical location.
The “per hour” rate of traditional employees will be much less than what these nontraditional ones charge. But, remember that with the latter, you only pay for the time they have worked by the hour. You do not pay them for the long lunches and visits to the washroom, as you would if they were your employees.
For writers, lawyers, and authors, this kind of assistance services works better than traditional ones. These professionals might be working from their own homes. With traditional employees, they will have to arrange the infrastructure. With nontraditional ones, they need not worry, as they also function from their own homes or offices.