With a selection of over 120 crane models and an impressive market share of more than 30%, many consider PALFINGER as a global leader in its industry.
PALFINGER cranes range from one to 150-metre tonnes. It is well-built and can withstand the toughest industrial jobs. PALFINGER cranes come with a host of remarkable features; however, the high-speed extension and KTL protection features, which is the standard for every crane, stand out the most.
This feature, the Return Oil Utilisation, is a naturally regenerative hydraulic circuit that suits for the extension boom. It speeds up the boom extension and refracting functions by as much as 30%.
This feeds back returning oil into a function’s pressure side instead of returning to the control valve, resulting in better flow and quicker cylinder movement. Workers can slow down or turn off the High-Speed Extension for efficient extension power on heavier cranes. This feature provides a more effective and faster load cycle durations.
Superior surface treatment is essential to ensure long-lasting and durable protection. The KTL protection feature of PALFINGER ensures automobile industry standard protection, suitable for a PALFINGER crane. The procedure is as follows:
- Steel shot blasting thoroughly clean all components.
- Degreasing, rinsing, activating and coating with zinc phosphate in separate immersion tanks.
- Two extra rinses take place, along with another rinse with pure water and then passivation.
- A cathodic dip electrostatic painting then follows up.
- An ultrafiltration then rinses off excess paint.
- Paint undergoes curing for an hour and a half at 115 degrees.
- All components will then get a protective top coating using a spray robot.
PALFINGER’s KTL protection feature uses elastic, eco-friendly paint ideal for protecting surfaces against cavities and ultraviolet rays. It is highly resistant to corrosion, different impact levels and changing temperatures. This ensures a higher resale price when owners decide to sell the PALFINGER crane.
Utilising PALFINGER cranes with High-Speed Extension and KTL Protection features in different industrial works is a practical and smart move, especially with a number of advantages one can benefit from it.