Pregnancy and childbirth can be equal parts — exciting and stressful. If you’re not in a good place at the moment or simply want to give yourself a treat, here are some things you can do:
- Something you can do easily at home is to take a warm bath. Soaking is often enough to relieve most pregnancy aches and reduce stress levels. You also have the option of taking bubble baths or aromatherapy soaks. Lavender is one popular and safe option to help you relax.
- Another easy, at-home treat is to do your nails. While there are many concerns regarding nail polish fumes and preservative contents like formaldehyde, glossandco.com.au says that you have alternatives. Eco-friendly nail polish is now available online and it’s as vibrant and beautiful as their in-store counterparts.
- Go on a spa day. Alone or with friends, spa days are best when you need a massage to ease aches or stiffness. Talk to your OB about treatments and massages that are safe for you. Do your research and find places that specialise in pre-natal treatments.
- Speaking of friends, you may find it difficult to make time to relax and reconnect with them once your baby arrives. Meet with your friends as often as you can manage — brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, or even a full girls’ night out will never be the same once you have a little one at your heels.
- Go on a date with your husband. Sometimes, spending time together is relegated to a lesser priority when there’s a baby involved. While it’s best to have quality time for each other, it’s easier to do it before other responsibilities come in. If you have an older child, go on dates with your older child, too.
In the midst of preparing the nursery and your hospital essentials, don’t forget to take care of yourself, too. Simple things that can bring you joy can make a huge difference in your mindset and make your birth experience more comfortable.