Next to Italians and French men, perhaps the sharpest guys on the planet in terms of style would be the South Koreans (No, we’re not strictly speaking of the K-Pop look). South More »
Exercise is one of the most important activities many of us neglect. We’re either too busy or it’s too inconvenient to visit the gym. This will be easy to solve if you More »
It’s been a mystery for many why most women blush at the thought of receiving flowers from men. Giving flowers may be a cliché, and others think it’s an outdated act especially More »
Most businessmen and professionals feel the need for that extra pair of hands to help them stay organized and get all their work done on time. When it comes to assistants, they can choose between two types: traditional and virtual.
Traditional assistants are employees who function from your office premises. They could be either on a temporary or permanent basis or part time or full time. They might require on-the-job training, desk and office space, computer, stationery and other such facilities.
Non-traditional ones, more commonly known as virtual assistants, function from their own offices or homes. They can be hired for a short term or as-needed basis. They can also be contracted to work for you at a preset number of hours on a weekly, daily or monthly basis.
365VirtualAssistant, a premier provider of virtual assistant services, shares some of the advantages of these services:
- They can work on schedule and be there when you need them. They can also work in teams to provide support 24/7.
- Although they are available round the clock, they will only work for the hours you request. Thus, they will only charge you for the time spent.
- As they will have multiple clients, they remain updated with technologies and personally train themselves. You do not have to train them.
- They provide the equipment and can arrange for any specialized software your work might require.
- They reside globally, so you can hire the best person for the job. You need not be concerned about their geographical location.
The “per hour” rate of traditional employees will be much less than what these nontraditional ones charge. But, remember that with the latter, you only pay for the time they have worked by the hour. You do not pay them for the long lunches and visits to the washroom, as you would if they were your employees.
For writers, lawyers, and authors, this kind of assistance services works better than traditional ones. These professionals might be working from their own homes. With traditional employees, they will have to arrange the infrastructure. With nontraditional ones, they need not worry, as they also function from their own homes or offices.
It takes a lot of effort to make a lawn beautiful. Apart from keeping the plants and grass healthy, the soil needs to be fertilized properly to ensure proper growth. But, your best efforts may be wasted once insects infiltrate and make a smorgasbord out of your plants and flowers.
Being a step ahead of these pests can help you repel and recognize the problem early on. With a proper pest control system, you can apply measures for their elimination.
Among the most troublesome insects that can attack your lawn are Japanese beetles. They first came to the US back in 1916, hitching a ride on ships coming from the orient. The insects are predominantly found in the eastern parts of the country because it offers the best climate for these pests. The bug has no natural enemies, which explain why it has proliferated as far as Iowa in the west and Minnesota and Canada in the north.
The grub feeds on the roots of grass and can hinder the lawn from growing. You know you have a potential Japanese beetle infestation when all of a sudden, you notice large patches of dead grass. Early detection is crucial to prevent irreparable damage. The beetles are notorious for causing lawn problems at adult and juvenile stages. Destroying them at the grub level is the most effective approach.
Serious insect problems that can really cause havoc to your lawns are billbug infestation. There are eight species of this insect, and each one can cause significant damage. Like other similar insects, billbugs love to make grass their home and can be quite difficult to detect until they’re already in the later stages of destruction.
Early detection is important in preventing the early demise of your lawn. Typically, the grass can develop brown or small yellow spots. Easily breakable grass with hollow stems is indicative of billbug infestation. Insecticide treatment is usually the best course of action against this pest.
These insects are most notorious during the summer and spring seasons. Females are voracious reproductive machine able to lay three hundred eggs at one go. They feed off the roots and the crown, but damage is also due to the toxic nature of their saliva.
People have become more health conscious, and that’s why organic foods are among their preferred choices when it comes to having healthy eating habits. Apart from providing a good amount of health benefits, organic foods are also easily available to interested buyers. A simple web search will show you some of the top suppliers of organic food products and information, such as Daintree Organics, Beyond Pesticides, and Mayo Clinic. While there are several choices available, it can be confusing to choose which one is the best.
Read the following pointers on buying organic food online to make your shopping experience easier:
Perform an Extensive Search
As with buying any other product online, spend some time and effort in searching as many online organic food stores as possible. This will give you a good idea of the different kinds of organic foods sold and their prices at different stores. By doing this, you’ll be able to compare prices and get the best offers.
Examine the Site’s Reliability
There are many organic food stores online, but the problem with this is that among the genuine ones, there could be some fake sites selling non-organic foodstuff at a higher price. If you don’t want to get cheated, learn to judge the reliability of a site.
Read customer reviews, ask for referrals from family and friends, and shop only from known brand names. Also, check if the website has provided its contact details. A site that has this information indicates that it’s also open and honest in its business dealings.
Keep your Eyes Open
Know that on the net, you never know when a sale will be available. Discounts and other offers come and go online, so you should always be on the lookout. This will help you save more on your weekly organic food purchase.
If you follow these few reminders when shopping for organic foods online, you’ll be on the right path to a healthy life.
Regardless of the nature of your business, you can benefit from the power and opportunities created by email marketing. Research from McKinsey & Company shows email marketing is 40 times more effective at attracting new business than Facebook and Twitter combined.
There’s no doubt the arrival of email changed marketing and sales. There is much more written communication today than actual face-to-face interaction, which actually saves time. So act now to realise its full potential.
It’s an easy way to reach customers
Marketing specialists TMS Graphics notes that email marketing is an effective and affordable way to build strong relationships with customers and prospects. People who visit your website through email marketing are likely to become clients. Keep in mind that different designs and messages will yield different results. The trick is to customise your messages to emphasise the benefits that speak to specific customer needs.
It offers high ROI
Not every business owners realise the power of using email marketing to boost profits. When customers understand your offer quickly without feeling overwhelmed, they are more likely to seek your services. It is important to gain high Return of Investments (ROIs) to succeed in the competition, which is especially true for small businesses.
It delivers a focused message
What would you feel when you watch a TV show and you receive the most useful and relevant advertisements? You will probably not just ignore them. Imagine that you only receive ads that relate to you; that’s what email marketing does. If your target customers decide to receive e-mail messages from you, they are giving you a chance to provide them with promotional offers,along with product or service updates. If customers happen to share their suggestions, it indicates that your business relationship is moving in the right direction.
To unlock the power of email marketing, commit yourself to learning the best practices. Make a winning first impression by focusing on optimising your marketing strategy.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a highly influential marketing method, which constantly undergoes several changes for improvement. As proof of its popularity, this industry rakes in about $1 billion a year.
Effective Marketing Solutions
People use search engines and URLs to find information on companies and products all the time. Most SEO companies also work as resellers and offer SEO reseller programs to smaller businesses, so they can find good marketing solutions. Most web companies create and optimize sites for a company and resell SEO to others who are able to provide the exact services required by the initial client. Quality SEO services are good solutions for small businesses, which don’t have the capacity, budget or time to do their own branding.
White label SEO refers to the process of setting up marketing programs from scratch using good optimization practices. Marketing has to be done regularly, especially online, because maintaining visibility is vital for each company, given the amount of competition.
Different Packages for Different SEO Needs
When a business signs up with an SEO reseller program, they have to do research and find a good company. Most companies don’t charge a fee when businesses apply for reseller dashboards. Proposals are studied and audits conducted to make sure the dashboard is used properly.
SEO reseller program packages are available in varied formats, so that clients can pick what they need and pay only for those services. Organic SEO techniques, local marketing and other competitive SEO methods are all available. Paying for packages can be on a monthly basis. What the program offers in the first month is an audit, keyword research and site optimization for seamless transitioning. The next step is to focus on marketing content and ramping up visibility on social media sites.
Reseller programs often don’t require companies to sign contracts. The focus is more on results, and companies are free to sign up with others if they’re not satisfied. One thing to keep in mind is that no one can guarantee rankings, as marketing techniques and search patterns change all the time. It is better to look for quality, which eventually garners more business.
Taking family photographs is common to those who want to capture a special moment or occasion in their lives in print. Getting the whole family together for a simple photo session may be a tedious task that requires careful planning and hard work. Otherwise, the session can be a frustrating and disappointing one, resulting in a haphazardly done group shot.
A creative family photograph is the result of a perfectly symbiotic relationship between all family members and the photographer. Thus, patience and a proactive attitude, coupled with clear communication between two parties, make a complete success story.
- The process begins with a clear understanding of the message that the family wishes to give out. Consult all family members to understand what idea, sentiment or feeling they want the portrait to convey. Then, discuss these with the photographer and don’t forget to take suggestions about colours, props, clothes or backgrounds that will get you the desired effect.
- As professional portrait photographers study both camera mechanics and visual composition, your photographer will give you advice on how and where your family members should pose to create a pleasing visual. He will manipulate and use light effectively, so that every member is highlighted and stands out distinctly in the group. No blurred faces or awkward poses!
- The photographers will use colours, backgrounds and props to convey something special about his subjects. After discussion your requirements, allow him to take charge of the portrait’s visual aspect.
- Make sure all family members arrive on time for the photographer’s appointment. Arriving 10 to 15 minutes earlier also helps smoothen out last minute hiccups. Stay focused on the photographer’s directions while the shoot is on. Also, make quick decisions when he suggests a typical pose, group arrangement or prop. Remember, debating endlessly on trivial issues not only wastes time but also produces bad portraits.
- Children are an indispensable part of any family portrait, but they tend to get excited by the bright lights and bustle of a shoot. So, tell them clearly that they are to be on their best behaviour and that running, playing and screaming is absolutely unacceptable. If babies are present, make sure they’re rested and fed, so they are cheerful during the shoot.
The need for homes and office space has been rising around the world, and many companies and individuals are getting into the industry. Property builders have many responsibilities on their shoulders. They’re answerable not only to their customers, but also to the government and their employees. When buyers start looking around at investing in a new home or wanting some commercial space, the best thing to do is to read up on reliable builder reviews. There are quite a few sources for information like real estate websites, financial pages, and even individual builder websites.
According to Homebuilder Reviews, here are a few key areas that consumers should focus on, when choosing a particular builder to build their home.
What Responsible Builders Do
- Get Licenses: Builders should have all the required licenses and permits before they can break ground and start building a home or office complex. Permit requirements are slightly different for commercial and residential construction projects. Builders usually work with specific carpenters, plumbing contractors and electricians. Make sure that these people are qualified to perform the job they have been hired to do.
- Maintain Safety Standards: The construction industry is fraught with hazards. It’s the builder’s responsibility to make sure all personnel have the right tools and training to perform their jobs properly. Also, employees should get trainings on a regular basis, so that proper techniques are followed while on the job. Equipment should also be stored properly.
- Construction Insurance: Builder reviews are a good source of information on whether builders comply with insurance and safety standards. Builders risk insurance is very important, and they all must have it in place along with liability insurance. With this, employees and contractors are covered. Builders can be held liable for flaws even 10 years after the construction has been completed.
- Inspection: Building inspectors have to sign off at every stage of construction, starting with the foundation. The builder has primary responsibility of ensuring that the right inspector signs off all the work. Homeowners should check the paperwork, so they’re aware of all the expenses and the stages of work.
- Preparing for Ownership: More often than not, buyers are not aware of what the duties of a builder are. This can open up avenues for abuse. Good builders get high ratings from employees, builder associations and other certifying bodies. By learning what builders are responsible for, a homeowner gets a well-built home, which meets all the necessary standards as well.
A dream home is one property every one of us cherishes. Building it is just the beginning. Although it can remain your ideal personal haven for a few years without much effort, it will need constant maintenance as time goes by. While owners can work on regular inspections to make sure there are no leaks and major damages, any major improvements or restoration work needs a specialist.
The roof is the most important part of the house, making it the most in need of constant maintenance and monitoring. Any damage to the roof needs to be corrected immediately. It is advisable to have a professional roofing contractor inspect the roof annually or right after any major natural calamity. Hire a contractor specialising in roof repair for any necessary work. They know exactly what kind of restoration or repair work your roof requires. Hiring them will save you a lot of money, stress, and time.
The key is to finding the right roofing contractor for the job. Many specialists have the experience, in addition to being trustworthy and skilled. The following guidelines should be useful:
- The professional should have a long-standing experience in the field. They should be known to work with integrity and dedication.
- They should be licensed and employ only good, qualified workers.
- They should have adequate liability insurance and be covered under worker’s compensation.
- They should provide references and share the portfolio of their earlier work.
- They should be willing to give a guarantee on materials used and their services in writing.
- The contract should give details of the payment and completion schedules.
While the above points can be used as a checklist, browse the web or the local classifieds to make a shortlist. If they have a website, go through the reviews and testimonials to get an idea of their work ethics. If possible, talk to their earlier clients.
You can also talk to co-workers, friends, and family and request for references. During your first meeting with the roof experts, ask them if they have carried out similar work before. Also, ask what they think is the best solution for your roof issues. If you’re completely satisfied, hire them immediately to avoid further roof damage. Timely repairs will help extend the life of the roof and add value to your asset. It will also protect the inhabitants and the properties inside it.
If you’re considering getting some orthodontic treatments, you may be wondering what the right age is for a person to undergo these procedures. Dental care professionals recommend to see an orthodontist immediately for any concerns about teeth alignment or the quality of your bite. If you or someone you care about has problems eating, chewing or even speaking due to protruded or misplaced teeth, get an orthodontic consult as soon as possible to diagnose and fix the problem.
The Age of 7
Trusted dentists recommend that the right age to get an orthodontic checkup and treatment is 7. There are two reasons for this: First, there’s wide disproportion of tooth development that usually occurs at that particular age. Whether it’s just a normal developmental variation or something irregular, the orthodontist would be able to assess if there’s enough space or not in the patient’s mouth to accommodate permanent teeth.
The second reason is that it’s easier to treat problems if they’re discovered at an early age. Doing so later may make the orthodontic procedures more extensive. For instance, cross bite, a condition where the upper teeth close inside the lower one can be treated by a palatal expander device, as the jaw of the child is still expanding. But, if the problem is left undiagnosed, a difficult oral surgery may be needed to correct the condition.
There are also other problems commonly seen at this age which can benefit greatly from prompt orthodontic treatments. Some of the conditions are the early or late loss of baby teeth, thumb sucking, persistent tongue thrusting, and mouth breathing habits.
For Adults, Too!
Orthodontic treatment can be successful at any age. In adult patients, compliance is rarely an issue. Moreover, the growing popularity of clear aligners like Invisalign, lingual braces, and translucent ceramic brackets, which make it hard to tell if someone is wearing a dental appliance or not, adds to the appeal of seeing an orthodontist to get proper treatment.
Getting orthodontic treatment is not all about aesthetics only. Well-aligned teeth allow for better cleaning and maintenance. These also make the dentition less prone to unusual wear and tear. A proper bite prevents speaking and eating difficulties and keeps teeth healthy for life.
The process involved in regrouting the tiles in your shower is both simple and cost-effective. Here are the basic steps you need to know about sealing leaky showers, cleaning your shower recesses, and other maintenance needs:
Choosing the Tile Colour
Prior to the tile regrouting process, determine the appropriate colour of the grout. This depends on the section you intend to fix. For instance, the grout colour should match your tiles if you want to regrout the entire room altogether. Consequently, for small sections of the room, make sure the new grout colour matches the old one for uniformity.
Removing the grout
To get rid of the old grout, cut through it using a utility knife or a grout saw. Be cautious and don’t damage the tiles in the process. If you’re having difficulties loosening the grout, tap it gently with a chisel or a hammer.
The next basic step involves tile cleaning. Once you’ve gotten rid of the old grout use a vacuum cleaner to clear off any debris or dirt that may be left over on the surface. Clean it well using a household cleaner or just use a combination of water and mild detergent.
Grout Mixing Process
Refer to manufacturer recommendations on how to prepare the new grout for installation and mix as instructed. Buy grout either in dry or pre-mixed form depending on your preference. The ideal type is the grout that has been modified using latex as it provides superior adherence to the surface. It’s superior to other types because of its water resistant features. Also, it doesn’t wear off even for a long time after it has been laid. This is ideal for use in bathroom regrouting projects.
Placement of the Grout
Place the grout on the tile and spread it using a float. Hold the float at a thirty-degree angle and push the grout down in between the tiles. Make sure all spaces are filled completely.
Once the spaces are filled with grout, use the float to remove any excess on the surface. You may also use a tile sponge to remove any surplus grout. Wash the tiles thoroughly to clean them.